If you’d like to donate one or more face masks, just buy this product. We will be finding local essential employees in the Los Angeles region to deliver these to. We plan to post pictures of our donations to our social media accounts to keep you updated on where your donations are helping our front line workers stay safe.
ABOUT THE MASKS: Our face masks are made from high-quality cotton on the exterior which allows for breathability. The interior layer is a thin Pellon-like material, which increases the chances of stopping smaller particles and helps reduce liquid build up on the exterior of the mask. The mask features three folds, increasing the number of layers able to catch particles. Each mask includes an aluminum wire or strip at the nose for closure and an approximately 7.75-inch elastic strap on each side.
Shipping: We plan to hand-deliver most of these, though some may be bulk shipped to regional institutions.
Production Time: We plan to donate in batches, and may combine your donation with others to supply a specified need to an institution.
Every user of our masks should follow these important safety instructs and observe the precautions below:
- ALWAYS TREAT YOUR MASK AS IF IT’S POSSIBLY CONTAMINATED.
- DO NOT TOUCH THE EXTERIOR OF THE MASK, PARTICULARLY DURING REMOVAL.
- HAND WASH YOUR MASK WHEN YOU RECEIVE IT PRIOR TO FIRST USE, AND THEN HAND WASH IT AGAIN EVERY DAY AFTER USE, WITH REGULAR LAUNDRY DETERGENT OR DISH SOAP IN WARM TO HOT WATER, AND RINSE WITH COLD WATER AND HANG DRY. WE ESTIMATE MASKS WILL WEAR OUT AFTER APPROXIMATELY 50 HAND WASHES.
- ANY MASK OFFERS PARTIAL PROTECTION ONLY.
- WHENEVER POSSIBLE, USE GLOVES AND EYE PROTECTION IN ADDITION TO YOUR MASK, DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE UNLESS YOU HAVE THOROUGHLY WASHED YOUR HANDS. WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN.